Pop Culture munchies of the last 3 days

*Takes deep breath, then repeats mantra* Just 9 more working days till Christmas shutdown.

Anyway, in terms of my pop culture consumption this weekend, on Friday evening I watched The Golden Compass. You can expect my full review up here soon but the summary version is that the film is good, not excellent. It's beautifully filmed, the special effects are fantastic, and the casting is spot-on, but like some of the Harry Potter films, it feels a bit too much like a highlights package. Some moments stand out (2 battle sequences especially) but as a whole the film just doesn't emotionally involve the viewer is it rushes from scene to scene.


Otherwise, a good portion of my wet Saturday and not-so-wet Sunday was spent playing World of WarCraft.

Here's Herkon the Blood Elf Paladin - looking just a tad more masculine in his new technicolour armour.


And here's Euridycce the Undead Warlock - who, despite looking all brown and scruffy, is incredibly wealthy and has now overtaken my main character in levels and XP.


Paul FINALLY got back on Sunday evening - sans his luggage, which was left at San Paulo Airport. It should, hopefully, just hopefully, arrive today. Anyway, don't expect us doing the "going out" thing anytime soon. At the moment all Paul wants to do is stay home - inbetween sorting out ubiquitous computer problems.

Comments

Lord Spaceman said…
Finally got WoW, but read the latest post on my blog as I didn't have a good experience at all. :(
Dante said…
YAY for you. Finally back with your man. Sucks about the luggage. But I am sure you don't plan on him wearing much clothes for the next few days. Hehe. (Did I just say that?)
Pfangirl said…
Dante, sies! ;)

And Lord Spaceman, sorry to hear about your bad WOW experience. That Patch thing is a complete bitch - fortunately I was able to get all the patches from friends when I initially installed (although last month's 300MB patch chowed my cap). As for the payment hassles, I've always just used a credit card, which saves significantly on those wretched prepaid card things.

My only real annoyance when I got started was having to actually go out and buy the retail edition, after I made the jump from 10-day trial to playing properly. I still think they should just let you start playing after paying your monthly fee.

As for WOW's graphics, I guess I'm just more accepting of the stylised world that can run on all PCs. I'm not spoilt by Next Gen console graphics...;)

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!