Festive Friday

I actually had a more substantial post planned for this morning but thanks to multiple accidents and road closures in the Durban rain, I've only just arrived at work, having sat in traffic for over an hour (double the length of my normal commute).

I don't know what it is but the day part of Friday is rapidly establishing itself as my worst day of the week. If it isn't traffic calamities, there's normally some crappy task I get lumped with on a Friday - usually proofing - which plunges me into a black mood, and spoils my day.

Anyway, onto more cheerful matters...

When it comes to Christmas decorations and putting up a Christmas tree, everyone follows a different tradition. Some people will have theirs up already, some will put up everything on Christmas Eve and some (like my family) will decorate their home 10 days before Christmas, and take everything down 10 days after the 25 December.

Of course, there seems to be a disappointing counter-Christmas movement taking shape where grumpy South Africans divorce themselves from any festive cheer - Check out this typical anti-Christmas News24 article.

Now if your mood exists somewhere inbetween grouse and grin, and you have an appreciation of alternate, "twisted" takes on things, you may get a kick out of a brand new set of McFarlane's Twisted Christmas figurines available from Figure Fanatix Entertainment Collectables locally.


Imagine substituting the standard nativity set with these babies on your mantlepiece? I'm not so keen about the majority, but this new take on Mrs Claus is very "ho ho ho!" And I think the pervert elves are a great touch.


A certain someone who FINALLY gets back this Sunday evening is receiving Mrs Claus as a "welcome home" gift, to proudly display on his work desk in the run-up to Christmas.

Anyway, while you're on the Figure Fantix website be sure to check out the awesome Beowulf figurines, although Grendel's Mother seems clearly modelled on an earlier design concept than the svelte CGI Angelina Jolie who appeared in the finished film.

Comments

Lord Spaceman said…
That Mrs Christmas figurine is too yum for words. I first saw it in the latest editon of NAG and npow I'm tempted to pick one up myself.
Pfangirl said…
She's very cool... when you examine her closely, there's fantastic attention to detail. It's just a tad on the expensive side from Figure Fanatix, as you pay R90 on top of the figurine cost unless you spend over R1000, or your order weight is 5kg+.

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!