Trailer Tuesday: 10,000 BC



Every so often an intriguing film sneaks up on me without me even knowing of its existence. 10,000 BC is one of those films - I was utterly blown away by the teaser trailer 2 weeks back when I saw it for the first time at the cinema.

I received a very strong Stargate vibe from the trailer (well, when the military arrive in the Ancient Egypt universe, anyway) and this is understandable when you realise that 10,000 BC is from Stargate director Roland Emmerich, the man also responsible for Independence Day and The Day After Tomorrow.

Given this pedigree, you can probably expect 10,000 BC to be overblown in all aspects, as well as very emotionally cheesy. But you know what? I don't care. I happily gobble up epic "pre-history" action adventure - I loved Apocalypto and Conan the Barbarian. And 10,000 BC - with its cast of unknowns, and storyline centred on a young mammoth hunter's attempt to save his tribe from extinction - looks absolutely stunning.

10,000 BC is released on 7 March 2008. Click here to visit the official site. Locals may be interested to know that the film was apparently shot on location in Namibia, South Africa and New Zealand.

Comments

Unknown said…
That's the same weekend 300 opened. Obviously trying to cash in on some of that Spartan glory.

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!