Bits 'n' Pieces

God, there is like next to nothing going on at the moment in terms of interesting entertainment news. The most I can think to comment on is what seems to be a style throwback in terms of pop music currently receiving airplay.

The latest Christina Aguilera track Candyman has a great 1940's swing/Big Band feel and the music video has the WWII retro style to match.



Meanwhile, Avril Lavigne's Girlfriend sounds like a rock-flavoured version of Bow Wow Wow's I Want Candy, from the 1980's. Speaking of the petite Canadian punkette, judging by the first 2 singles, I think her third album, the 12-track The Best Damned Thing will be awesome when released later this month. I still regret missing her in concert back in 2005.


Speaking of concerts, My Coke Fest is now 2 weeks away and yesterday we sorted out accommodation for our first 2 nights in Jo'burg.

Otherwise, it's a wet, cold day here in Durban... ideal for lazing about in your PJs, sitting under a duvet with a good book or watching a DVD. Tonight we should be going to watch the Shaun of the Dead DVD (again) at Mark's girlfriend's place, and on Saturday evening we have a German Beerfest-themed 21st birthday party. Fortunately it isn't dress-up, so don't expect pics of me in lederhosen on Monday morning.

Otherwise I suppose I should spend time this weekend working on my GEAR column. I got kind of ...erm... sidetracked by Jade Empire last night, as well as discovering that updated drivers for my graphics card drastically improved Titan Quest's performance on my system. I just had to celebrate my levelling my newest Dream Mastery character.

Comments

Lord Spaceman said…
Yeah, I actually wore a jacket to work this morning. First time in ages!

I was a bit concerned watching Avril's Girlfriend music vid - big image change if you ask me. Is she serious about that image? I'm not complaining though, she's hot in it!

Christina's vid is also just too hot for words!
Pfangirl said…
I love the Autumn and Winter chill. I have something of a jacket fetish and colder weather allows me to liberate them from my cupboard.

I haven't seen the Girlfriend music video, but as long as Avril doesn't sell out by going all "slutty", an image chance doesn't bother me. Let the girl celebrate her happiness :)
Unknown said…
I want to drill a hole in my head everytime i hear the new avril lavigne. There's mellowing out and then there's selling out. Unfortunately Avril has done the latter, but yes, she does look hot in the schoolgirl outfit.
Lord Spaceman said…
Yeah, Avril is semi-slutty in this vid and she totally takes you by surprise. The way she acts is like something you'd expect from Fergie/Paris Hilton. VERY odd.

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!