Tuesday Update

Ugh, I’m mentally drained, having just spent the last 3 hours plus proofing (error checking) banking brochures. It demands permanent concentration, so I’m taking a breather and updating my blog right now.

Yesterday I finally installed Explorer 6.0 on the work PC, so I finally have a lot more functionality back in terms of posting. Yay! No more fiddling with html code!

In news for the moment, remind me not to promise long features on top of my monthly column for GEAR. It’s exhausting working on it late into the night, and during all my breaks at work. At least the new editor seems quite accommodating in terms of article length so I don’t think I’ll have to spend ages slashing the feature down to its proposed length.

There may also be a surprise for my ‘fans’ in the October issue… Watch this space!

Otherwise Jiu-Jitsu was good last night. I grappled and held my own against (an admittedly exhausted) Paul. Another guy Clint and I used our grapple session to try out some of the techniques we’ve learnt against a resistant, but non-aggressive partner. I think I’m starting to process what I should be doing in certain situations now, and becoming more proactive about making things difficult for my opponent.

I did manage to bruise the top of my foot though, which will make maintaining the guard rather painful on Wednesday evening, considering the position has the top of your foot pressed against the back of your other ankle when your legs are locked around your opponent.



Some other exciting news on the Jiu-Jitsu front, Micah’s club has apparently been approached to become an affiliate of one of the most important Gracie BJJ schools- the Gracie family ARE Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu! Oh, and we got club stickers.

BTW, blogs are a cathartic help, as I’ve mentioned before here, and Shirley repeated recently. It helped my process my thoughts about Paul’s family so when I did speak to him about it last night (I’m adamant now that silent brooding is the worst thing for you and your relationship), I could approach the issue tentatively and rationally, having already vented out the frustrations that had me feeling quite down and anxious.

Anyway, I’m off to have pizza for dinner and to watch Cars. Cheers all...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Firefox + IE = Internet Explorer 7

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/default.mspx

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!