Down with the sickness

I had a very restless, feverish night's sleep on Wednesday and work up in the morning with a sore throat, a tight wheezy chest, nausea and aching guts. I don't know what it is: the change in the weather, the stress of the past few days, a little bit of food poisoning or even just stomach flu.

Regardless, I feel physically pretty crap at the moment. I've really hoping it's just going to be one of those 2 day things. I don't want to be sick over the weekend, and I just recovered from a headcold the week before last.

In other news, there have been some good things going on (lest you think this blog is just one endless soap opera wallowing in Depression).

I finihsed tutoring on Monday (Hooray). I still have to mark their exams, but my major work with them is done. They also filled out course evaluations in the last tut class, and I only had one negative response- namely that I'm boring and the class doesn't participate (how I am responsible for that, I really don't know).

I also finished my 2nd English essay today, which means I am now free to prepare for the exam on the 15th, and work solidly on my big Media assignment due on the 28 November. It really feels weird not having a pile of novels to rush through anymore.

Oh, and by the way, The Corpse Bride is a flat animated film. The animation, visual style, and satirical take on suffocating Victorian morality are major pro's in Corpse Bride's favour. However, the music is bland, the characters are undeveloped and their relationships are without credibility- characters move from indifference to declaring their love within a few minutes for no reason whatsoever. Watch Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas again instead.

Comments

Shirley said…
I completely agree with you about the Corpse Bride response. I feel precisely the same way. I was quite disappointed.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Shirley said…
You need to deactivate anonymous comments and activate image verification, Pfanny. I cant believe all the f***s spamming here.

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!