Yay!

Alrighty, I'm about to print my 35 page forum-focused Media essay. Thank God it's over. Now to have it bound and drop it off at university tomorrow. And then spend the rest of the week marking English First Year exams, preparing for my presentation next week Tuesday or Wednesday and sorting out myself for Ashley's party on Saturday- time to raid the costume room at my mother's school again.

Anyway, Kalahari.net delivered my ordered goodies today. I am now the owner of my own copy of Frank Miller's Return of the Dark Knight (think Sin City but with Batman as the lead), as well as Christopher Hart's Drawing Cutting Edge Comics. I've always wanted a proper How to Draw Comics book, and this one is amazing- I think Toti Gareth would really like it. It's mostly a book where you you sit, study and copy the templates provided, but there are very thorough looks at anatomy, body proportions and perspective. Plus, there are plenty of examples by excellent artists. It's really very inspiring. I sat this afternoon sketching women's faces.

Oh, and Paul isn't going to the UK in January. UIf he is going at all, it will be in April or so.

Comments

Gareth said…
The book sounds cool, and theres nothing like having a reference on hand, prefereably non-digital.

I also think it would be cool to have one of those poser dolls, that artists use to get pose right.
Shirley said…
You can get a poser doll from Pen & Art in Musgrave.

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!