Cutting Edge Comics

Like I posted the other day, my copy of Christopher Hart's Drawing Cutting Edge Comics arrived the other day (I adore online shopping). It really is a very handy reference book, and best of all it it's in the contemporary comic-book style. So many of the How To Draw Comics books I've seen tend to be outdated in terms of style- very 1970s to early 1980s, where all the women have that Bridget Bardot look.

Anyway, I've been doing a few sketches, and here's my heroine (resurrected and in a trendy new outfit since I came up with her back in 1993), in pencil, and digitally coloured. Thanks to Shirlz for solving the Photoshop setting mystery that threatened to put me off colouring in the image.



Comments

Gareth said…
Quite good pfanny, I like the proportions especially. Nose, eyes, lips etc, nicely done. The only thing I'd like to point out is the highlight on her left cheek. It seems out of place, cause thats her shadowed cheek, and there is no light source on the left, the other parts of her that would get light if there was one, don't. (ie left curve of lips, left ear, nose etc)
Stacey said…
Wow, that is awesome. She looks like some one you definitely don't want to mess with!

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!