Success

I’m pretty much sorted for Paul and my 2-year anniversary next week. I don’t feel bad posting this as he doesn’t read forums. If, however, he does read this, well, he’ll just spoil the surprise for himself.

Anyway, with assorted ideas in my head I went to the Pavilion today, accompanied by my mother. It was actually a good thing my mother was there because she found exactly what I was looking for.

Those of you who know Paul are probably familiar with his grey (formerly black) hooded Billabong tracksuit top. He’s dropped some hints in the past about needing to get a new one, and that’s exactly what my mother and I found.

It’s not a surf brand. The few surf brand tops that were available were plastered with blatant slogans and logos, and in my mind I like to imagine weaning Paul away from that as much as possible (At least I’m a girlfriend who only changes my boyfriend in my head ;P). The top is also not a staple in your average brand whore’s wardrobe ie. Adidas, Nike, Levis, Polo etc etc.

Rather, it’s a dark blue Wrangler tracksuit top, complete with hood, pocket compartment, and the logo embroidered in white on the front. Except for the colour it’s what Paul’s Carl Johnson wears in GTA: San Andreas.

As for the other part of Paul’s present, I stumbled across it in Musica while I was flirting with another gift idea. It’s an amusing surprise. All I’m going to say is that I love it when a plan comes together…

Now it turns out that today I wasn’t the only one doing anniversary gift shopping. Paul and Shirley apparently were on a covert gift hunting operation in Gateway. And no, it wasn’t for anything Sims or Spider-Man related. The objective was boots. The objective failed.

So now, if Paul doesn’t come up with any other ideas (doesn’t he listen when I drop hints and sigh suggestively?), I’m being treated to a shopping expedition. Now if it’s for some item of clothing, which I presume it is, it’s not an event that I can just jump into.

Don’t get me wrong – it’s a wonderful gesture- but I do need to gear myself up for clothes shopping. It’s the mall equivalent of preparing yourself for a jump into an icy swimming pool.

It’s no secret I was a fatty in my past. In the past 4 years I have lost and kept off 10-15kg. However, as soon as I step into one of those nasty fluorescent light lit booths, it’s a confidence-shattering flashback of POW camp proportions. Forget bamboo and dripping water. Torture is watching your reflection trying to jiggle itself into that still-too-small pair of jeans.

May the inventors of stretch denim rot in hell.


Speaking of hell, I’ve also been threatened with ear piercing for my anniversary. There’s nothing that sums up a long-term relationship like having a needle gun thrust through your ear lobe, and then handed a Natal Wholesale Jewellers box to make amends.

So we wait and see…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!