A note of explanation and a joke

In case you’re wondering why there are 3 blog entries in very quick succession, I’m afraid it’s really as a result of my good old home dial up Internet connection, as well as the fact my parents will be monitoring (and paying for) the phone bill. I just can’t go online at home every evening.

So, as a result, while I type up my blog entries whenever I have something on my mind, I only upload them when I can justify going online at home, or when I’m at one of the university LANs.

Anyway, I haven’t exactly been the best at church attendance these past 2 years (I blame it on dating a lapsed Anglican ;P). But I received a letter from the church the other day, including the following joke (which was told by the priest on the altar). I enjoyed it:

‘A young Nun joined an Order with a Vow of Silence. Each member was only allowed to say two words every ten years. After the first ten years, she went into Mother Superior’s office and said, “Bed hard!” The Mother Superior took note and dismissed the Nun. After the next ten years, the Nun again went to the Mother Superior and said, “Food bad!” The Mother Superior took note and sent her on her way. After thirty long years, the Nun marched into the Mother Superior’s office and said, “I quit!” The Mother Superior replied, “I’m not surprised – you’ve done nothing but complain since you got here!”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!