Trailer Tuesday: Bride Wars



Alright, I admit it, for all the ass-kicking, spandex-clad biceps and general "guy stuff" that features on this blog, I do actually secretly have a girlie side. That's probably why something like Bride Wars really appeals to me.

Here's the plot synopsis:

In Bride Wars, Anne Hathaway and Kate Hudson play best friends who are pitted against each other when their wedding dates clash. They compete for venues, services and guests, once it's clear that neither will step aside.


In my somewhat limited defense, Bride Wars doesn't look like your standard chick flick. Much like Hathaway's 2006 hit The Devil Wears Prada, Bride Wars seems to steer well clear of tedious romantic comedy territory in favour of a focus that's more accessible to a wider audience: in this case female rivalries and the emergence of the infamous, oh-so-dangerous Bride-zilla.

Bride Wars looks like a lot of silly, if utterly conventional and undemanding, fun. However, I'm currently trying to scheme a way to see it. You see, the bf and I have struck a deal - he'll watch Bride Wars with me if I sit through Mr Bones 2... And I honestly don't think I can do that without breaking out in hives and projectile vomiting.

Bride Wars opens in North America and South Africa on 9 January 2009. Yay, just in time for my birthday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!