Today, South Africa

Well, just one movie release of note in South Africa today and that's the horror film Quarantine.

Filmed in the same hand-held camera style employed by The Blair Witch Project and Cloverfield, Quarantine stars Jennifer Carpenter (The Exorcism of Emily Rose, Dexter) as Angela, a television reporter who is assigned to spend the evening following a crew of Los Angeles firemen. When a seemingly routine call-out to a small apartment block turns out to be anything but routine, Angela, her cameraman and the fire crew find themselves quarantined in the building, cut off from the outside world and trapped with something vicious, deadly and highly contagious.


I've covered Quarantine as part of Trailer Tuesday feature already, so you can read my thoughts on the film there. It's supposed to be pretty damn scary, and a 60% Fresh rating at Rotten Tomatoes suggests it delivers the goods.

I personally don't feel I can watch it though until I've seen Spanish horror film REC, on which Quarantine is based. I was supposed to finally get around to watching my DVD copy last night, but it just didn't happen (roasts, wine and Christmas party outfit experiments were to blame). This evening then, hopefully, maybe...

Anyway, this coming Wednesday (what a strange day for such a huge release!) sees the return of Daniel Craig as 007 in his second, much anticipated James Bond outing: Quantum of Solace. Mmmm mmmm mmmm, so looking forward to this one.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Just watch REC, don't bother with the re-make. It's damn scary. I got sick when I've heard they're remaking it. :S

The new Bond sucks.

All the best!
Team America said…
He's still got a nice watch.
Pfangirl said…
Thanks for the suggestions, Bojan. I can't believe I haven't got around to watching my copy of REC yet...

Team America, :)

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!