No Trailer Tuesday today

Sorry, there won't be a proper blog update today. I was in a car accident in suburbia this morning - a guy in the fast lane swerved to avoid the car in front of him, which suddenly stopped to turn without indicating. The swerver veered left into my lane, hit me, and caused me to swerve off the road into a lamp post. Meanwhile, the non-indicating car that initiated all this just drove away from the scene.

I'm physically OK but quite emotionally shaken.

The most severe damage to the car was to the front bumper, but it's plastic so that isn't too worrisome. The metal front of the car got a bit dinged and scraped on the front right side but fortunately didn't crumple at all. The impact, however, was strong enough to snap the CV joints (or something), meaning the car gears wouldn't work anymore. The vehicle had to be towed away to the panel beater.

Yay, exactly one month to Christmas! Man, this has been one fucking horrible year.

Comments

Team America said…
How's the year been bad? You went overseas on a nice holiday.
Pfangirl said…
That's been the best part of the whole year!

Otherwise in 2008 there's just been so much drama and frustration, in my life, in the lives of people close to me, and in the country as a whole.
Jedi said…
Tough luck pfangirl, I know what a pain in the ass it is to have an accident around Christmas time, so I feel your pain!
MJenks said…
Egad. I'm glad you're okay. Cars can always be replaced; Pfangirls, not so much.

Hope you make it through the rest of the day alright. Go home and take it out on the Lich King's minions.
Anonymous said…
Shit! At least you are okay though! Still, what a crappy way to head into the festive season :(
Pfangirl said…
Thanks for the comments guys. Today the eyewitness contacted me with the licence plate number for the non-indicating car (a red ISUZU bakkie), so we'll see what we can do about his involvement in all this.

The irony was yesterday we received our end-of-year bonus at work - and I have the horrible feeling a good portion of it could go towards covering the insurance excess. Bah.

Mjenks, I didn't get to kill any minions last night - watched the latest Bond film though.

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!