Trailer Tuesday: I Am Legend



What a great teaser. Seriously. It really sets the tone for the film without giving anything away. And it looks gloriously "Big Willy" wisecrack free.

Based on the novel by sci-fi/fantasy/horror writer Richard Matheson, I Am Legend focuses on Robert Neville, the last man left alive on earth. All alone in a rapidly decaying, deserted New York City he prepares himself every day for nightly attacks from "the rest of the world", all transformed into blood-thirsty vampires, who only wake after dark.

Read the Wiki entry above at your own peril, as it spoils a number of intriguing plot points and twists.


I Am Legend has previously been adapted for the big screen twice - The Last Man on Earth (starring Vincent Price) in 1964 and The Omega Man (starring Charlton Heston) in 1971.

I Am Legend is set for release on 14 December in North America.

----------

As a side note, I am rather pissed off at the moment about the following comment on the messageboard for my old Michelle Pfeiffer website.

WHY ISNT THAT b###h NOELLE WRITING ANYTHING?
Posted by pissed at noelle

NOELLE HASNT WRITTEN ANYTHING IN ALMOST 2 YEARS! WHAT A b###h! SHE'S MAD BECAUSE MICHELLE HASNT DONE ANY FILMS AND NOW THAT MICHELLE HAS EXPLODED ON THE BIG AND SMALL SCREEN NOELLE HAS DISAPEARED!
U ARE A b###h NOELLE CHANGE ACTORS!!!!


Little fucking coward. They deserve a good hard choking. I'm in half a mind to rip down the whole site for good.

Sure I haven't done anything with the site for ages, but so fucking what? Once maintaining it - looking nearly every day for news, and then styling it according to the site, and uploading it - became a chore, I lost interest. Frankly, I'm over websites. A blog is about all I can handle these days.

I'm excited for Stardust. I'm excited for Hairspray. I'll certainly be in the cinema for both films on opening weekend. But I completely lack motivation to complete Paul's suggestion - giving the site a new look and chopping it down to the basic, unique info and sections I initially uploaded, while scrapping the out-of-date News sections, Picture Galleries, etc.

Of course, this "simple" action involves restyling all the existing content and there is a ton of it.

My weekdays are full, my weekends are too short. And I'm at the point in my life now where I'm trying to streamline my activities, de-shoulder the unwanted obligations weighing me down. All these "tasks" do is frustrate me with the knowledge that they're hanging over my head and never going away. They put me in a very bad mood, as they did yesterday. This is because they are obstacles in the way of me being able to do what I want to do - what I feel inspired to do - in my very restricted free time.

So the question is what to do next? Rip eveyrthing down, spend hours and hours revamping eveyrthing... or just carry on ignoring the site, and the occasional verbal barbs from little C U Next Tuesdays?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Noelle,

I wouldn't sweat it. Potty Mouth's post here REEKS of entitlement. One cant help but wonder whether he/she maintains their own sites or blogs. If Potty Mouth were actually PAYING you for a subscription to your site in return for something, then that would be a different matter, but I'm guessing they aren't.

One of the inevitable 'dangers' of being on the Net is that you're bound to run into some nutjobs sooner or later!My two cents:Ignore them and carry on doing what you're doing!

Cheers,
Ryan
mysticscout23@yahoo.com
Pfangirl said…
Hey Ryan, thanks for the words of support.

You try not to let this kind of thing affect you - it's just someone trolling around while hiding in anonymity - but then you read something like this and it just automatically riles you up.
Anonymous said…
Hey Noelle,

You're welcome. Yeah, I do understand - receiving negative comments, especially when it's delivered by those who cowardly do it with a hit-and-run approach, is never fun.

But for what it's worth, I think you're doing a great job with what is always an interesting blog to read.
Cheers,
Ryan

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!