ICON 2007 and more

Please excuse me while I try to calm down from my road rage. Apart from growing increasingly pissed off by the ever increasing amount of trucks on the road – isn’t it illegal for them to be on the roads during rush hour? – I was cut off this morning while turning across traffic.

An impatient bastard decided that instead of waiting for me to cross the 2 oncoming lanes, he’d overtake me on the inside while I was turning. He sped off then but I would have loved to get into a situation where I could get out of my car, lure him out and then smack my ASP baton down on his collar bone and face.

Man, what I would give for telekinesis. One thought and “pop”, he keels over his steering wheel with an embolism.

Anyway, after last night’s D&D campaign session, it’s likely my character is going to die. I’m actually quite disappointed about that because I was really starting to enjoy my half-elf paladin. Last night everything was going so well – we’d killed rabid dogs, wood elves, wolves, a snake and even some smurfs (who wanted us to strip down for a "nature ritual") – and then we came up against a druid with a posse of wolves and badgers.

Down went our Halfling rogue, who I managed to stabilise by laying on hands. But in the middle of swinging at the badger with my longsword, the druid zapped me into negative points – and unconsciousness.

Paul’s cleric rejoins the campaign next week but I have no idea how he could come to our rescue. I meekly suggested to our Game Master that a Blackhawk drop him into the thick of the action, but I seriously doubt that will happen. Damn.

Speaking of gaming, South Africa’s premiere games and comic convention is coming up. Brace yourself for ICON 2007!


The 3 day events starts on Friday, 13 July at 9am at the Jabula Recreation Centre in Johannesburg.

Each year thousands of enthusiasts converge from all over the country for a long weekend of interactive gameplay, comics & collectibles, hobby-related events, anime screenings and a variety of events at this virtual mecca for gamers and hobby enthusiasts.

With more than 3,000 visitors each year and more product introductions than any other games and comic event in Southern Africa, ICON is the place where consumers, game distributors, comic retailers and media entertainment distributors get together to experience the latest in the industry.

This year ICON is introducing a theme to the convention event - Super Heroes! Dress-ups, posters, banners, side-show competitions and the like are all permitted and thoroughly welcomed!

ICON 2007 takes place from 13 to 15 July at the Jabula Community Centre, Sandringham.


You can find more information about the event at the continually updated Roleplaying South Africa website.

Comments

Shirley said…
Whoever designed the poster for that, needs to be shot. Ugh.

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!