Weird Situation

It’s a weird situation with Paul right now. Sometimes when I talk to him on the phone, or see him, it’s like things are back to normal. Then there are other times where I am not happy at all. Like Wednesday night for example.

Granted I wasn’t really in the mood to go out anyway- I was relaxing on the couch watching the Ben Stiller / Drew Barrymore black comedy Duplex- but I heard nothing about the plan of going out to Burn (Mark had mentioned it on Sunday but since I didn’t hear anything, I presumed it had fallen through).

When I SMSed Paul before going to bed, apologising for not phoning, I received the surprising reply, ‘I’m at Burn… Yeah… Came with Mark… At moment playing spare wheel’.

I was more annoyed than upset by being shut out. Mostly I was wondering if Paul had said anything about why I wasn’t there. I just think that at the moment Paul seems to be attempting to enjoy the best of both worlds- having a girlfriend while fantasising about singledom. Although it’s not usual, he loves to tell me about good looking girls who try to catch his eye, or, more believably, as was the case last night, drunk Burn chickies lying on the hood of his car. I don’t know what reaction he expects from me. I hardly consider smashed Burn slags a threat.

Mark, G and Paul’s friend Garth gets back from the UK for 3 weeks in the coming days. We’ll just see how the ‘Boys’ Nights Out’ go in that time.

Comments

Gareth said…
Hmmm, I usually avoid trying to get involved/give my opinion on this situation, as the fact that you're both my good friends makes things...tricky.

However, I have a piece of advice for you :

Read "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus". Seriously now. Especially the part on "When men pull away", and what he recommends women should do in response.

That book might seem very "kich" these days, but it's uncanily accurate.

Seriously, read it. If you've read it before, read it again. Burn it into your corneas. This situation could almost be pulled straight out of the pages of that book. You've got the time, and Paul has the book. Read it.
Unknown said…
Honestly, I think Paul needs a kick in the bum. Yes, I know, I'm the last person who should be giving relationship advice, and in a sense, I'm not. All I'm saying is that you deserve alot more than you're getting at the moment.

One thing I do know is that when he was giving me the third degree about Ross, he told me several times that he loves you and that he wouldn't do anything to hurt you... perhaps giving him some time and space to just chill with the guys will be a good thing.
Pfangirl said…
Actually, my mother has a copy of MAFM,WAFV. I'll have a look (Noelle, reading self-help books; what has the world come to!).

And thanks Ash. I know some of the recent posts have been me bitching about Paul, but I'm treating this blog as a cathartic exercise and I'm not going to gloss over the truth of my feelings.

That said, I know my blog is one-sided in terms of the views that are posted. However, I in no way ever want to portray Paul as a heartless bastard... a frustrating pernickety pain in the arse, sometimes, but never deliberately hurtful.

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!