Christmas Shopping Breakthrough

After yesterday’s very focused shopping expedition at the Pavillion, I’m approaching the end of my Chrismas shopping (with 2 weeks to go). I would say that my bank balance has dropped a bit, but I forgot that my sister and I tend to split the costs of presents (despite me usually doing the investigation and buying), and the boyfriends also contributing, so I’ll be getting a bit of money flowing back into my purse.

Anyway, I have no idea how fascinating the following will be to anyone but myself, but here’s the Christmas present run-down.

For my mother:
A 128MB memory stick
A homemade refill for her CD box desk calendar
A Christmas book I found at the Kloof SPCA second-hand bookstore

For my father:
The Old Mutual Cricket Annual
Cadbury’s Whispers or a pool thermometer (still to get)

For my sister:
The Pig Out drinking boardgame

For my grandmother:
A Woolworths T-shirt
Cadbury’s Whispers

For my uncle and aunt:
A new golf glove
A strappy top from Edgars
(Possibly some nice coffee or the Titanic special edition box set that I really want to give to someone)

For Paul:
A cap embroidered with his company logo (in process of being completed)
Snatch DVD
A bicycle bag (still to get)

For Jason, my sister’s boyfriend:
The FHM December issue with calendar (still to get)

For Paul’s parents:
A DVD conversion of our July Kruger National Park holiday (in process of editing and rendering)

In terms of Paul’s sister and her husband, and Paul’s grandparents, I’m still stumped. So is Paul, so I see these presents being sorted out last.

Anyway, just as Paul is doing the very uncharacteristic thing of buying legal music at the moment, yesterday I also did something extremely uncharacteristic. I bought myself a genuine leather jacket. It’s Napa pig leather, brown and in what would probably be classified as a military-influenced style. It even has that new leather smell. For once I’m actually not squeamish about forking out a lot of money for myself- It’s damn cool, and, if looked after properly, a lifelong possession.

The best thing was how cold and wet Durban was on Friday night, so I actually got to wear it in December. To quote those Mastercard ads, ‘Priceless!’

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!