Ding Dong, the Wicked Witch is Dead

Yay, it’s over. I’ve just finished writing my Media assignment, due for next Monday (or Thursday depending on who you listen to). Either way, it’s done and I don’t want to look at it again. I was really afraid I was going to be working my ass off on it this weekend, but I managed to round it off this afternoon. I don’t think the essay is too bad actually. It’ll be interesting to see my mark though. It’s always a bit unnerving to be marked by someone you don’t really have any contact with.

Anyway, the essay is the reason I’ve been a bit AWOL from this blog at the moment. I’m not intending this to be a particularly long entry either. I want to get my Tutorial preparation for Monday out the way this evening because I’m doing an English presentation on Tuesday (on Bloke Modisane’s Blame Me on History), and, apart from reading the novel, I haven’t done any other preparation. Plus I’m speaking about the novel in terms of autobiography genre conventions, and that’s one of my weak spots. After next week Tuesday I should be a much happier person.

…Although by that point I should be working on my second English essay and hard at work on my big Media project on, yep, forums!

Anyhow, I need to rewind. I’ve been hearing rumours about a big Tiger Tiger night on Friday. But Sin City is finally at cinemas, and a Mimmos dinner and movies at Musgrave (R14 Ster Kinekor, woohoo!) also sounds very appealing at the moment.

Otherwise, this week has been pretty much dominated by varsity work (and, on Monday, being pissed off by badly behaving first-years in my tut). Last night I went to Paul’s for dinner (venison stew) and got all ready for a Wednesday night at Burn. I even donned the infamous black coat, and kept creeping up on Paul going ‘Mis-ter An-der-son…’ However, last night turned out to be another aborted Burn expedition as everyone bailed one after the other. I’m beginning to think that Denbeigh is made up ;P

Fortunately, Paul and I were killing time at G’s, having gone there to return Shirley’s towel. After some hot chocolate and gossip in the kitchen (just why are circles of friends as incestuous as soap opera families?), we ended up vegging in the lounge. Shirley and G had hired Sweet Home Alabama, so we sat there trying to place cast members, discussing Tomb Raider models, ripping on rom-com conventions and generally talking our way through the whole film. Shirley, meanwhile, was so zonked on hay-fever meds I don’t think she really minded… Which reminds me, I must add her secret talent to the thread at The Pond.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!