Girlz 'N' Games #48: The Megan Fox Effect

OK, so that's one thing off this week's Blogging To Do List - the seconds of 2 Transformers themed Girlz 'N' Games comics. The first, with my commentary, can be found on my blog here.


Anyway, I call this one The Megan Fox Effect. If only deodorant and fragrance manufacturers would realise the profit they could make by bottling the essence of Hollywood's current favourite sex goddess. Think of all those Axe/Lynx ads, but invert them so it's hunky guys going crazy for a decidedly ordinary girl... all thanks to the irresistible power of Fox, the Sexiest Woman in the World for a record second year in a row.

Oh, and out of interest, those Transformers cushions are 100% real. If you're a die-hard Tranny fan (thanks, Harry Knowles for that term) you can actually buy them to pimp up your pad and really, um, impress the ladies. Because you know how hot girls get for big robots that turn into trucks and stuff.

----------------------

Anyway, given that I provided a breakdown of my drawing process with the last comic, I thought some of you might be interested to see how this one originated.

Comic #48 is a prime example of a "lazy" strip that utilises a lot of copying and pasting. I use the word "lazy" because this approach involves less initial sketching and does ultimately make shading a lot easier. However, the actual collation process after scanning, making tweaks, corrections and just getting everything to match up perfectly, requires a much greater amount of time and effort. It can be very fiddly.


I was admittedly a little concerned that this comic wasn't obvious enough in terms of what's going on. The panels are packed with content, and I wasn't quite sure how many readers could identify with the situation depicted. Then again, this is a girl speaking, and the "unwanted boner" dilemma is honestly one of life's great curiosities to me. But obviously it must be a big issue for guys because the topic even received its very own chapter in Maddox's Alphabet of Manliness. Oh to be a guy for a day...

But moving on...

If you like this comic, then please consider joining the Girlz 'N' Games Facebook group. It's open to all, and by joining, you'll receive an email notification from me whenever a new strip has been uploaded... and that's always before the comic debuts on this blog.

Comments

MJenks said…
I think any guy who has gone through puberty would get this straight away.

Heh. Straight.

Anyway, well done. And, uh...where can I invest?
Pfangirl said…
Thanks for the comment, MJenks. Like I said, the physical embarrassments that accompany male puberty are largely curiosities to me, having not had any brothers or guys friends during that time;)

As for investing, please feel free to send any funds my way. I will happily make sure they are put to good use.
MJenks said…
Oh, I thought of this this morning.

I don't know if you guys have a similar commercial, but we have a commercial here where a girl, who is made up to be really unattractive, gets guys attention all over the city because she takes a Planters' Cashew and rubs it around on her skin like perfume. The guys turn to look at her and walk into walls, out into traffic, into each other. It's really quite comical, and I though it's not Megan Fox's Body Essence or whatever, it's kind of the same idea.

Though, my wife frowns on the whole wiping of cashews around her body...
Pfangirl said…
Alas, we have never been treated to such a role reversal ad. Especially one that's ultimately selling nuts.

Although as a cashew fan, I have no objection to the idea of wiping such a tasty treat all over female flesh.

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!