Weekend report back

Ah, singledom: a lot less sex but a lot more done.

With the bf away overseas with work again (this time getting to oggle the beauties of Slovakia while preventing forest fires), this weekend was a pretty productive one.

For example, here's the latest Girlz 'N' Games comic strip, sub-titled "Role models". It's the first of 2 Iron Man themed cartoons.


Otherwise this weekend was spent doing some freelance review writing - of the Iron Man film, and Madonna's new CD, Hard Candy. You can expect the Hard Candy review up on this blog soon.

In terms of gaming, what little time I did spend playing was consumed, of course, with World of WarCraft. I now have 2 Level 60+ characters, but I got very little questing done this weekend. Rather I was in the Horde cities, levelling my professions and trying to make back some of the gold spent on buying my Hunter's superfast wolf mount, which you can see below.


The rest of the weekend was spent doing soem shopping, catching some sun, making good progress on my re-reading of The Hobbit and trying to make up sleep lost during the week.

And, of course, there was the big fry-up Mother's Day breakfast yesterday with family. My mother was very happy with her gifts: the Ben-Hur DVD and the second Spud bestseller.

I rounded off Sunday evening watching/listening to Will Smith's The Pursuit of Happyness. Now there's a movie that really gives you an appreciation of how lucky you have it in comparison to some people. Very worthwhile watching given today's economic climate and ever-rising cost of living. Will Smith is bloody good in the film too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!