Respect my Au-thor-ee-tie!

I'm apologising in advance because my blog posts should become considerably shorter in the next 2 weeks. This is because my boss is away, transforming me into Head Copywriter-Strategist-Copy Creative Director for the period.

*Gulp*

I don't like stress. I don't like on-the-spot decision making. I don't like juggling a dozen deadlines, where 90% of them are "Urgent Today" jobs. I much rather prefer working at my own pace, devoting my full attention to one job at a time so that I know they're up to my quality standards. This ticking off of jobs one after the other helps the digestion process. Knowing that there is a mountain of other work looming over my shoulder just knocks my concentration and triggers my anxiety.

However, I'll suck it up as best I can because my September/October leave has just been approved - 3 weeks in the UK and Europe, baby!


Anyway, in terms of what WILL probably interest you, this blog, Pfangirl Through the Looking Glass has just cracked the Top 45 Blogs in South Africa. This is according to Amatomu, the South African blog aggregator. Within the Entertainment Blog sub-category, I regularly move up and down between 7th and 4th place.

And checking my own stats, this blog pulls in 30-40 return visitors every single day. Sure that's miniscule amounts of readers in the vast space of the blogosphere, but it's still an achievement nonetheless. Especially since this blog is NOT a corporate brand building exercise where someone is paid to write interesting content. Neither is this blog formed from the collective output of a group of bloggers. It's just little ol' solo me.

So thanks to all you loyal blog readers out there - I know who some of you are; others I don't, but I appreciate you all dropping by.

To round off this post, you may remember that I mentioned W. a while back - Oliver Stone's bio-pic of current US president George "Dubbya" Bush. Well, some pics of the cast have already been published by Entertainment Weekly.

Here's Josh Brolin, creepily transformed to play George. Click here to see another pic as well.


Honestly, I couldn't care less about W's political agenda or its political content. I just want to see how the cast pulls of the impersonation of real-life public figures and leaders.

Comments

Suresh Jayan said…
Hey Congratulations, high time your work got recognition. I love your movie reviews. I go to the movies only after reading your review.
Pfangirl said…
Hey Suresh, thanks for your kind words. Glad you enjoy the blog :)

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!