Curiouser and curiouser…

As per Paul and G’s requests in the comments below, I am no longer going to continue my fight with Gareth and Shirley in the public realm. Things will be resolved face to face or over the phone…

However, before all that, I do feel the need to defend myself and restore balance to a very one-sided and exaggerated account of events apparently being bandied about The Pond. As I’m not there to counter this cowardly personality bashing, I’ll have to do that there. I enjoy the company of people there, and value their opinions so I will not be bad mouthed in front of them.

Let’s begin…

Natasha and Matt hardly ever come to Durban events and yet they’re not prone to attacks. It’s just accepted they won’t come to a lot of things, no questions asked (You can’t tell me that they’re always busy?).

I fail to understand why the same acceptance can’t be applied to Paul and myself. We don’t like clubbing. We don’t like going to Umhlanga. This preference has been established time and time again. Yet we keep being expected to take part in these activities week after week after week.

‘But what about wanting to see your friends? Surely that outweighs the importance of what you do?’ I want to see my friends. But I want to be able to talk to them. Screaming a greeting over throbbing nightclub music and saying ‘Hello’ before going into a movie are not social experiences, as far as I’m concerned. As for afterwards, everyone heads home- they’re tired, they have things to do… Sorry, but what we do at a gathering IS IMPORTANT.

And clearly that applies to the little ‘We’re never wrong’ tag team. It is impossible to get them to come to one of our braai / LAN combos. We typically receive comments like, ‘Are you just playing games, because Denbeigh will be bored?’ and ‘Sorry, we want to spend time in the sun.’ Tit for tat…

As for going to the same movie at different locations at the same time, let’s examine the reasons that happened. A week in advance Paul and I arranged to go and see King Kong at Musgrave. The others were keen. On the day of the movie, a few hours before it started, we received the following SMS: ‘Erm, yeah… the 4 of us are going to Gateway instead. Join us.’ Isn’t that a sparkling example of democracy at work, and general consideration for your friends.

As for never doing anything Gareth invites us to, he is the worst event organiser of all time… Everything is planned with something like 3 hours notice. Lately it has been coincidence that every time he wants us to go down to Toti, we’ve already made plans. There’s nothing I can do about that.

As for throwing my toys out of the cot… I damn well will.

Incredibly hurtful things have been said to and about me. Friends don’t say things like that! And I expect an apology.

Of course, I don’t actually except to receive one- pride always seems to get in the way... It is strange how a person who has chased at least 3 people from The Pond is never wrong, continues to flaunt is arrogance except for the blue moon occasions when he does actually apologise to his online ‘friends’, and yet will never apologise in real life.

That person needs to admit that they are an ass. A royal ass!

You keep pushing and pushing until something snaps. Well, it has. So suck it up and give me my apology. That is what friends who supposedly care do.

At the moment I feel like Charlie in Lost. For whatever reason, I’ve got attacks from all sides. Everything keeps being twisted around to make me the villain. Even Paul is coming to me with all sorts of hearsay stories about what I’ve said about my friends, and if that’s true he has a bone to pick with me.

Fuck, I’m so sick about this.

Noelle out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!