Fun for Friday

The Rugby World Cup-winning Springbok team are touring South Africa this weekend, so I thought I'd share the 2 related TV ads that I'm sure many locals are familiar with. The first is the much criticised 300-rip off. Personally I think it would have been fine if they hadn't put the players in those stupid green latex suits. Why couldn't they have just worn their green, gold and white rugby kit? And not run on all fours? I was all for the 300 knoff-off until those stupid overkill moments.



Anyway, Shoprite Checkers was very quick to spoof the above Sasol ad to promote their new championship boerewors (for non-Saffers reading this, that's a popular local sausage often eaten on our barbeques/braais). This ad is worth watching for Naas Botha's incredible embarrassment alone. "Tonight, we braai!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!