A busy weekend

Well, I've got a busy weekend ahead of me - busier than if Paul was here even.

There's my mother's school play tonight: a Sword In The Stone-style take on King Arthur's teen years. Then after the play I'd like to squeeze in an hour or so of World of WarCraft, levelling my undead warlock again - and completing the quest series that gives me my tank-like Voidwalker minion. I'm tired of my fragile little Imp minion, who has the habit of dying at the most inopportune moments, leaving Euridycce alone to face 3 magically-resistant undead foes.

Friday evening is likely going to be my chief WOW-playing evening because I'm pretty sure I'll be working on my PC for the rest of the weekend - completing a music review for one of the freelance projects I'm involved in, as well as an overhaul of our Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu club website. Well, it'll be a simplified place-holding design until I can recruit a proper web designer and write up a full brief for them. Of course, applying a new design to an entire website will still be time-consuming...

I've also been invited to a National Novel Writing Month meet-and-greet on Sunday afternoon, but I'm still undecided about whether or not I'll go.

Although I'm going to use the event as a motivating factor to try and get back into fiction writing, I can say right now that I will NOT be sticking to the programme's overarching "Write a 50 000 word/175 page novel by the 30 November" goal. Regardless of the benefits the organisers claim come from writing on the fly, their blatant "quantity over quality" approach disgusts me as someone who writes professionally (and saying so has probably not endeared me to the regional co-ordinator. Tee hee!). I guess I'll always be someone who prefers to read 20 pages of engaging, quality writing than 100 pages of utter shit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!