More Football World Cup

Yes, it's a powerful, attention-grabbing image of England striker Wayne Rooney splattered with England's St George's cross, but it hardly makes me want to buy Nike shoes. Yuck, too much 'blood' for my liking.





And while we're on the subject of English football, my oh my did the team suffer last night against Sweden when it came to defending corners... Terrible. I went to bed just after Sweden had equalised, and I was surprised this morning to hear the game actually ended with a drawn 2-2 score.

Anyway, there are a lot of emails circling at the moment of the world's hunkiest soccer players. England's Wayne Rooney, above, with his hooligan, 'I'm ready for a pub fight' looks is not one of them. Neither is the gangly, emaciated-looking Peter Crouch, who appears to have crawled out a chimney or a grimy clerk's office in a Charles Dickens novel.



Fortunately both players are very talented players, which is the most important thing. It's just amusing that they play alongside the likes of posterboys David Beckham and Michael Owen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!