Girlz 'N' Games webcomic #89: Blast from the past


The latest Girlz 'N' Games comic is based on a true story. Well, sort of.

You see, say what you want about the 15 years-delayed Duke Nukem Forever but it's a potent little mental time machine. I spent several evenings recently listening to the bf shriek things like "Octabrains?! I hate these guys!" "Where's my jetpack?" and "What the fuck? It's over already and I haven't even gone to space yet?"

It may be a mixed bag but the long-awaited FPS sequel is still a powerful exercise in nostalgia... for better or worse. Fifteen years later and the same juvenile attitudes to sex, women, foul language and bodily functions are still there, no doubt with the ability to briefly transport many older gamers (and fans of the original) back to their high school and college days. "Shake it, baby!"

P.S. You can read my Source Code review here.


-------------------

As usual, if you like my latest Girlz 'N' Games comic, please forward it on to your like-minded friends. You can also show your support by "liking" the Girlz 'N' Games Facebook fan page. The big advantage of joining is that you'll receive an email notification every time a new comic is uploaded.

If this doesn't suit you, you can also follow me on Twitter - I tend to tweet when a comic is in production, as well as provide a heads up when it's about to debut online.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!