Girlz 'N' Games #57: Mutton for Movember


So the end of November is looming and women worldwide can heave a sigh of relief. Movember - that month in which men refuse to shave away their facial fluff (to raise money for charity and boost awareness about men's health issues, apparently) - is almost over.

I thought I better squeeze out this comic before the end of Movember, lest it has to wait a full year before it's relevant again. Basically the comic is a gentle dig at the contradictory tastes of women: they may claim Option A is disgusting, but tweak it a bit to fit one of their fantasies and it becomes perfectly acceptable; perhaps even desirable.

I admit I've always had a thing for mutton chops. I don't know why, but I've always found that while moustaches gross me out, sideburn whiskers are wicked cool, right up there with sexy stubble. Maybe it's because mutton chops remind me of the dark, brooding and hirsute heroes created by Jane Austen and the Bronte sisters. Maybe it's because of the obvious pop culture link to comicdom's greatest badboy, Wolverine. I really don't know. What I do remember though is that when I played Fable, I always made sure that my hero, whether good or evil, would have mutton chops styled by one of the town barbers.


But I digress...

The point, guys, is that, if you're clever, you can use Movember to your advantage. If your significant other has a thing for a fictional character with facial hair, replicate the look. Unfortunately the vast majority of Twilight vampires and werewolves are clean shaven, so if your missus is a Twi-hard, you're out of luck. However if the lady in your life is more geeky I'm sure you could think of another moustached/bearded/mutton chopped crush for you to copy... even if you just bear it in mind for Movember 2010.

-------------------

As usual, if you like my latest Girlz 'N' Games comic, please forward it on to your like-minded friends. You can also show your support by joining the Girlz 'N' Games Facebook fan group, which is open to all. The big advantage of joining is that you'll immediately receive an email notification every time a new comic is uploaded.

If this doesn't suit you, you can also follow me on Twitter - I tend to tweet when a comic is in production, as well as provide a heads up when it's about to debut online.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!