What a way to start Thursday

Not even 3 minutes after leaving my front gate, I was in a car accident. As I was feeding on to the man road near my house, pulling into the little feeding-on strip when I was pranged from behind by a young guy doing the same thing but too busy watching traffic to notice that I had stopped and was waiting to feed on.

Fortunately the damage isn’t too bad. It’s just a dent next to the number plate. The driver smashed his indicator. And fortunately he lives just down the road from me, and has insurance, so everything should be covered from his side.

Still, my adrenalin was pounding. It’s my first ever accident with another car. I’ve pranged a few stationary objects but never caused any damage (Thank God for plastic bumpers).

It’s just frustrating that we now have to go through all the procedure. And at a time when I’m considering changing my car insurance company. I’ll be heading after work to the police station today to report the accident.

My other early morning annoyance was arriving at work today and scraping my hubcap as I tried to park as close to the pavement as possible. The white marks gouged in the silver plastic look horrible- worse than the dent. I’ll either have to buy some paint to fix it, or buy another hubcap.

Comments

Unknown said…
Oh noes Nelly. Well, look at the bright side, you're not injured and your car is repairable.

I hope you come right with it. Try also wiping your hubcap with car cleaner, that may help.

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!