My Gaming Profile

I received my March copy of GEAR on Friday (I'll post my March column here later in the week). In the March mag the game reviewers each received a little profile. Of course you see something like that and realise how outside the 'team' you really are. It really sucks that there are no decent magazines based in Durban - to my knowledge.

It seems like almost all journalism in SA (and that includes online e-tailers) requires you to be based in the city where the publication is based. Because I think, honestly, working for a magazine is what I would most like to do at the moment.

Anyway, here is my profile, compiled using the same questions the GEAR reviewers worked with.

My name is Noelle but you can call me Pfangirl.

The best game I’ve played lately is Fable because it’s a fun, stylish-looking, and straightforward RPG for RPG-intolerant gamers like me.

I wanted to chuck my PSP / PS2 / PC out the window when playing the axeman / swordman combo-boss fight in Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones (especially since it followed a very long, demanding chariot sequence).

If I was virtual I would date Max Payne (the Prince of Persia has the bod and acrobatics but is hardly relationship material)

The game I would never be caught playing is any of the Command and Conquers because I like my RTS ancient world or fantasy.

American McGee’s Alice is my role model.

Back in the day, playing The Goonies was the ultimate and makes me all nostalgic because it was the first arcade-looking game that I ever played on my NES knockoff at home. Plus, it had pirates, treasure and catapults.

Because I know my games, the one thing I would tell fellow gamers is be careful what consoles you invest in because some can be real fly-by-night systems.

I can’t live without the Internet.

The person I’d love to compete against multi-player with is no one in particular… I’d just like more multi-player victories.

Between slow loading times I snack on nothing. I’m a PC gamer who doesn’t play anything with long load times ;)

I don’t game all the time. When not playing I watch movies, write, read, sketch, spend time outdoors and spend time with loved ones.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!