Fault Lines

Ah, yes. After just 4 days of during-the-day Internet access and forum use, I have already succeeded in having a huge fight. It seems like treating an online public forum as an office water cooler to vent about personal frustrations does not work. Catharsis and honesty online (even if veiled behind anonymity of names) is how I’ve always approached forums, and blogs. But it is trouble. Particularly when your real life friends are reading it.

So I’m the bad guy. No matter whom I explain my case to, I don’t get any sympathy. I’ve apologised. Although, honestly, the thing that upset me the most, and still smarts, is the way that I was publicly named as unprofessional. That was totally uncalled for, and apparently stemmed solely from emotion. I may not enjoy a task but I still approach it very carefully and complete it thoroughly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!