Copywriting

I’ve worked something out. Although the analogy might be too personal to make sense for everyone reading this, copywriting is for me what database programming is for Paul and a lot of other programmers.

It’s not especially difficult to do, it puts money in the bank, but man is it uninspiring. It’s rare to feel fulfilled or rewarded about you work. When dealing with the big gun clients, especially, there are no freedoms. You never write your own material- just edit down what the client has provided, normally from their overseas head office. There is no personal investment.

Anyway, there was a thread on the Pond about regrets, and I thought I’d post here what I wrote-

I don’t think I have any large, memorable regret moments. Well, at least I can’t think of one specific incident. What I do find myself doing though is going into situations with neutral to negative expectations (a glass-is-half-empty girl). I always manage to find a downside. Now while that does mean I am usually not disappointed (quite the reverse normally), it does mean that probably one of my major regrets is the amount of time I sit worrying about the worst, instead of just relaxing and being happy. I stress myself out.

Also, unlike a lot of people, apparently, I wish I’d been more social, and partied more, at university. There are so many opportunities there for affordable access to unusual sports like fencing, and assorted martial arts, as well as facilities like squash courts. Plus there are all the friends you can make. I finished university with 2 good friends, although I’m hardly in contact with them today.

Also, I wish that then, and now, I was more constructive with my free time. I never finished my novel and I am decidedly uninspired to work on it. These days I also tend to just veg on the couch watching TV or gaming.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!