Wednesday Night

Wednesday evening was a lot of fun. We managed to get pretty much the entire Durban Pond collective (see www.inthepond.za.net) together with less than 24hrs notice. I had posted these pictures on The Pond, but due to offending and hurting someone, which made me feel pretty guilty, I removed them.

Anyway, the night out started first with dinner at Mimmo’s at the Pavillion. We had time to kill before the bowling leagues finished their use of the lanes so it was off to the pool bar for some fun and games.

Ashley, Paul and Mark around the table:



Umm, Natasha and moi assume the position… (This is what happens when someone won’t calmly pose for her photo):



Toti Gareth looking suave. (Ignore the mad chickie in the background):



Time for a turn at the foozball table:



After Shirley was bounced from the bar for not having her ID (in all fairness most of us 23+ year olds were asked as well), we finally got to bowling. Guess who?



A really nice pic of most of the gang (G, Shirley, Gareth, Paul and Mark):



For the record, Mark came first, with G just 2 points behind. I was the leading point scorer for the ladies, but still behind all the guys- I tended to be a pin short of a Spare every time (and a day later, my thumb is still sore).

After the game we roamed the deserted arcade, trying out the air hockey table, Dance Dance Revolution and an arcade racer.

Really, I'm not competitive:



Vrs opponent Natasha:



White people really have no rhythm. (I think some of us have new respect for the DDR and how damn difficult it actually is):





Playing a Daytona racer. Despite much foul play, Natasha was ultimately victorious (on my turn, I managed to flip my car... or was I flipped by Paul and Mark?):

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!