New Sunglasses

Either my ears or the bridge of my nose is crooked because it is very rare for sunglasses to sit straight on my face. Wire frames are the absolute worst. As a result, buying sunglasses is something like my own personal equivalent of the quest for the Holy Grail. And there’s no Dan Brown book to shortcut this process.

Anyway, I was messing around at the sunglasses stand in Clicks while my mother was buying prizes for her school’s fundraiser Big Walk, and I actually found a pair of wire frames that fit well and (I think) look really good.

I’ve been without sunglasses for a few months now since my beloved, much dropped, much chewed R90 pair snapped at one of the hinges after 3 years. Before that there was my identical R10 flea market specials, which are now chilling with a pineapple under the sea somewhere near Margate (When the wave flattened me I had to make a decision of Sophie’s Choice proportions- save my shades or my bikini top).

I was intending to buy another cheapo pair next time I was at a flea market, or being harassed on the beachfront. In the meanwhile, I was just living with a permanent squint, getting my vampire eyes used to unfiltered sunlight again. But then I found these stylish sunglasses.

So R189 later, I am the proud owner of a pair of brown lensed, black frame BondiBlu Driving series sunglasses, complete with guarantee and UV400 100% UV protection.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!