Bits N Pieces 1

It’s been a fiddly day today: changed a graphic for Paul’s company that appears on all his clients’ websites, and then sat sorting out the St Lucia Weekend DVD, which will be a belated bday present for Mark. (The rest of the gang is of course welcome to a copy, as long as they give me a DVD). Anyway, as I’m typing this, I’m currently encoding a second version of the DVD. For whatever reason, neoDVD, which I use to add menus and transform my AVIs and MPEGs into BOPs, IFOs and other DVD formats, decided to shift the sound so it no longer matches the visuals. I used the preview stage this time, so hopefully it won’t happen again.

But I really do need a better DVD Authoring programme. NeoDVD is hopelessly restrictive and produces amateur-looking results. Anyone out there with any suggestions? I’m looking for something that gives a lot of freedom in terms of menu creation and adding chapters.

Tomorrow I’m going to university to see what’s going on (lectures start again on Monday), and possibly changing one of my courses. Although Strategic Corporate Communication sounds bloody dull, it’ll look better on a CV and is a lot more useful than a course on Post-modern Novels. Plus, I need a bit of a break from all the heavy novel reading.

I decided at the beginning of the year not to take the Journalism course because I did 3 modules, including a full Internship at undergraduate level. I think that’s enough formal training. And frankly, although I can do it, I’m no bland news hack. I’m more of a columnist and reviewer, preferring to analyse issues instead of simply presenting them superficially.

Mostly though, I don’t really feel like going back to university for another semester. I’m just not in the mood, and I know I’m going to be in quite a funk on Sunday evening. But, as usual, the good girl is going to be soldiering on, seeing something through, blah blah blah…

Comments

Unknown said…
Keep going Nelly. It'll get easier.

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!