rAge 2016 report-back: cosplay, VR gaming and more

As you may have seen in a prior post, I was at South Africa's rAge expo last weekend in Johannesburg. I was predominantly attending the event - the country's biggest electronic gaming and geek lifestyle expo - for the cosplay, and to catch up with friends and colleagues.


I had an absolute blast snapping pics of other cosplayers, taking part in a gathering of South African Tomb Raider cosplayers (to coincide with the franchise's 20 year anniversary), chatting to local game developers, getting hands-on with a number of high-profile upcoming releases, and losing my VR virginity.

Check out my public Facebook gallery of cosplay pics here.

I also ended up doing some impromptu games journalism for IGN Africa. You can find my coverage of the event here:

  1. Hands-on with the best games at rAGe Joburg 2016
  2. Living in the future with VR gaming at rAge Joburg
  3. rAge 2016 Cosplay Gallery


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!