Girlz 'N' Games webcomic #65: Gadget-slut guys!


This week's Girlz 'N' Games comic is actually based on a true story. I've known guys who done thorough online research only to have their all-important graphics card choice finally swayed by something as superficial as the box art.

Graphics, or video, cards are known for featuring lithe and sexy, computer generated heroines on their packaging. Every new card is associated with a new fantasy or sci-fi character figure. 80% of the time these figures have breasts - when the marketers aren't going for the whole badass, macho image that is.


Just think of the sultry box art as a geeky version of all those techno-slut models molesting gadgetry on the covers of PC Format magazine. Alternatively, consider it to be equivalent to selling a car by draping a bikini-clad babe over it. Evidently this "Sex sells" strategy still works VERY WELL with visually orientated guys. Even if there are sometimes obvious exceptions...


Anyway, this new comic also gave me the chance to bring the character of Todd back to GNG for the first time since Christmas. He is the strip's King of Impulse Shopping after all, so he fits in perfectly here. In fact he even has a bit of a Gollum/True Blood maenad moment in panel 3. 'My precioussssss...'

-------------------

As usual, if you like my latest Girlz 'N' Games comic, please forward it on to your like-minded friends. You can also show your support by joining the Girlz 'N' Games Facebook fan group, which is open to all. The big advantage of joining is that you'll immediately receive an email notification every time a new comic is uploaded.

If this doesn't suit you, you can also follow me on Twitter - I tend to tweet when a comic is in production, as well as provide a heads up when it's about to debut online.

Comments

Gareth said…
"all those techno-slut models molesting gadgetry on the covers of PC Format magazine."

I'd pay to see more of that.

Wait, what are we talking about again?
MJenks said…
Yeah, it's a little ridiculous, as I've noted previously.

But then, I'm torn. There's something about being a guy that makes me really like those pictures...

*sigh*
Pfangirl said…
Thanks for the comments, guys.

MJenks, I really enjoyed that post of yours, and I actually think I may be posting something akin to it soon myself - this time about magic casters and their outfits:)

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!