What-a-weekend

The weekend just flew by, largely because I spent a good portion of it at Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu class. We're being graded for our blue belts tonight *gulp* so Friday evening and Saturday morning were spent going over the required syllabus, drilling +/- 40 techniques. Here's hoping that tonight I get called upon to demonstrate the moves I excel at and not things I'm less confident about. I'm feeling pretty nervous at the moment.

Anyway, as a result of all this physically and mentally demanding activity (I was at BJJ every evening last week), I crashed pretty early on Friday night. Saturday evening was spent playing our weekly Dungeons & Dragons campaign, followed by the Runebound fantasy combat boardgame.

Sunday was one of those frustrating days where nothing seemed to go right for most of it. All I wanted to do was relax, but I was repeatedly thwarted. My single weekend session of World of WarCraft was supposed to be a fun, mentally soothing diversion, but I died over and over and over again while tackling a dungeon. Given that I got under 6 hours' sleep the night before, because of my over-worked mind, my irritability levels rose very quickly.

Plus, my warlock now looks like a prostitute.

Warlock by day, hooker by night!

For the record, she is actually wearing pants, but they're the same colour as her undead skin, giving the impression that she's running around in panties and suspenders.

To try and get my mind off things, we went to movies at the Pavillion on Sunday evening. We watched Planet Terror, the Robert Rodriguez-directed portion of the Grindhouse back-to-back movie twosome. Planet Terror is definitely an acquired taste deserving of a future cult following. Expect my review later this week.


Just one annoying thing: 2 out of the past 3 times I've been to that Nu Metro cinema I've been unable to earn points on my Exclusive Books affiliated card. The first time they were only selling tickets from the refreshments counter (i.e. no swipe machine), and last night the swipe machine wasn't working. What a jip!

Anyway, please hold thumbs for me this evening. Here's hoping the next Pfangirl blog post will be written by a Blue Belt.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!