Girlz 'N' Games #49: Never get between a man and his StarCraft!


Please note that Girlz 'N' Games does not condone domestic abuse in any form... except if it involves Rihanna, and its outcome is the complete career destruction of fellow annoying R&B star Chris Brown.

Ahem.

Honestly, this gaming themed strip is pretty straightforward. Most of all it stems from my long-held desire to pay homage to (AKA rip off) my all-time favourite demotivational poster. I'd been waiting for an opportunity to reference it while commenting on a topical gaming issue, and Blizzard, with their strangely limiting multiplayer choice for StarCraft II, finally gave me the chance. Thanks guys!


Anyway, StarCraft, and its long awaited sequel, are definitely sensitive subjects for many gamers out there - or at least those "old school" PC gamers over 25 (God, I feel old!) who played the game to death when it debuted back in 1998.

I wasn't one of them, but there are guys out there - and I'm not even talking about the South Koreans! - who treat StarCraft with the reverence they only otherwise reserve for Baldur's Gate, Command & Conquer and Quake.

So how do you identify these guys? It's simple. Simply show them this cake. If their response is an instant involuntary "SQUEE!" then you have found a StarCraft fanatic. This is important to remember because it will help you avoid a potentially very painful mistake: Never EVER dismiss StarCraft or its upcoming sequel as boring, part of a done-to-death genre, or just generally inferior to Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War...

Really, I just tripped and hit my eye on the doorknob.

-----

As usual, if you like this comic, please forward it on to your like-minded friends. You can also show your support by joining the Girlz 'N' Games Facebook group, which is open to all. The big advantage of joining is that you'll immediately receive an email notification every time a new comic is uploaded.

Comments

hahaha. Nice comic...
but WTF! I didn't know they cancelled plans for LAN in Starcraft 2. That's just ridiculous! How... what... argh! NOOOOOOO!
Vulconi said…
No ways, Blizzard can't be that selfish. I know that they are releasing the race DVDs separately, its gonna get expensive.
Vulconi said…
Funny comic btw :)
Goblin said…
SQUEE!

Blizzard definitely hasn't made any friends with this move. :(

At least it gives you fodder for a funneh comic though ;)
MJenks said…
Your explanation for the comic was pretty funny, I'll have to say. Mostly because I'm not a big Starcraft fan.

Oh crap. I, uh, fell down the stairs, too.
Gareth said…
SQUEE! That cake is seriously awesome.
Pfangirl said…
Hey guys, thanks for the comments. Always great to get feeback, especially when it's so positive :)

I see now that along with the "no LAN" decision, StarCraft II is now being delayed to 2010, which no doubt has further disappointed a lot of gamers.
James HIlton said…
Nice comic, mind if I use it?

http://www.icanhasmotivation.com/starcraft-knock-it-and-you-will-be-slapped/

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!