The usual two-day recap

The weekend was pretty standard and pretty chilled.

On Friday evening I played some Word of WarCraft, solo questing in Outland. In the process I got my warlock to Level 64 out of 70.

I also unwound with a few glasses of wine and indulged in my new favourite way to watch TV – the DVD box set! A friend has loaned me the entire series (well, the 14 episodes) of Firefly, and I’ve been thoroughly enjoying its character-strong take on the Western-Sci Fi hybrid, even if the series only got into its stride around episode 5 or so… It’s also just such a pleasure to be able to watch as many ad break-free episodes as I want in a row, whenever I feel like it.


After I wrap up Firefly I should be finishing off Heroes Season 1 and moving onto the new Battlestar Galactica, which so many of my favourite international bloggers have been raving about for ages now.

Anyway, on Saturday I cooked a lasagne in preparation for our weekly D&D campaign, played in the late afternoon. I’m a notoriously inconsistent dice roller, but somehow during Saturday’s session, everything came together and my paladin was dishing out damage in every direction. I even rolled a natural 20, confirmed the crit and followed it up by rolling 2 6-sided dice for damage and getting the maximum 12 points.

During the course of the session my hopelessly pious character also received information which could potentially trigger an in-game genocide. It turns out the Halflings have been worshipping a nature goddess banned by the Empire, and the One True Faith. If my George-Dubbya-Bush-minded character has his way, these little fellows will soon be shipped off to their home country, slaughtered or stuck in internment camps.

Sunday morning was the East Coast Radio Big Walk, which went well apart from working up the motivation to get out of bed early on a weekend morning. The weather was supposed to be cold and wet, but instead we had a beautiful, sunny day.

It was only during Sunday afternoon that I finally got to see the bf. He had returned from another week-long work trip on Saturday with severe food poisoning and was pretty much confined to bed until Sunday afternoon. Not up for much else we just chilled, watched some DVDs and then played a bit more World of WarCraft, testing out life on the Alliance side with the creation of a pair of Draenei. Players on the Sylvanas server can look out for Dekklan the Draenei Priest, or, incredibly rarely, Marzipann the Human Mage.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!